The reason for publishing this article, is to help all NOUN candidates seeking admission into the academic institution stress-free. Although we have published a 100% original guide on NOUN registration for applicants 2020 and NOUN registration for returning students, this one is different and very vital.
This Noun admission procedure provides you with an instant solution to frequently asked questions about the National Open University questions on admission, course registration, school fees, admission requirements, etc.
This admission procedure is meant to fasten your National Open University admission application. Take note that the process is quite simple and you’d be done in two minutes or less.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the National open university of Nigeria admissions:
Can I apply for the National Open University of Nigeria Admission with awaiting results?
How do I buy National Open University Admission Form?
Answer: Take note that you’ll have to apply for admission through the school’s official portal online (following step 1-13 which is shared below) and a remita payment code and/or RRR Number will be generated for you. The RRR code is what you will use in purchasing the noun registration form from the school’s approved banks. (Take note that when you processing the form, select Bank Branch as your noun form payment option).
How Much is Noun Admission Form?
- To purchase the NOUN admission application form for 100 Level – 400 Level Undergraduate Student Programmes, the price is N5,000 (Five thousand naira only).
- While the NOUN Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes application form price is N7,500 (Seven thousand five hundred naira only),
- The NOUN Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes application fee is N10,000 (Ten thousand naira only).
Is NOUN Admission Form Still on Sale?
Answer: Yes. The NOUN registration form is always available, but you should know that there is a registration closing date for course registration.
What is the New NOUN Resumption Date for 2020?
Answer: The 2020 noun academic calendar, New students program and activities is scheduled to commence on the 31st of December, 2019.
Students should note that the National Open University registration of courses, exams, and screening of new students (both undergraduate and postgraduate students) has been scheduled to commence on the 31st of December, 2019.
When is NOUN Admission Form Closing Date?
Yes, the NOUN admission/application form is always open and available. However, the Noun courses / Examinations registrations do have closing dates. All newly admitted students should know that the registration portal closes on Wednesday, 11th March 2020.
The sale of NOUN admission form is still available at any of the Noun participating banks across the nation, Nigeria.
How to Apply for NOUN Admission.
We have a detailed step by step procedure on how to apply for admission into NOUN. I’ll recommend you go through it. Click Here to read this guide.
- Go to the admission portal ⇒ www.nouonline.net
- On the Noun Website, check the Menu Bar, and click on the “Apply for Admission” button.
- You must choose either to Apply for NOUN Undergraduate Programme, NOUN Postgraduate Admission or a Ph.D. Programme. These are the only available programs right now.
- Next, go to the “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the Noun Application page) and select “Faculty”
- You must fill the Noun online Application form with your correct details/information.
- After filling the form, you may click on the “View the admission requirement” (Criteria) for the selected Programme. This will show you, admission requirement for the program you are applying for.
- Click on the “Apply” button to proceed.
- After clicking on the “Apply” button, a NOUN Admission Application UNIQUE ID displayed on your screen. Take note that this Unique ID is very important. You can ONLY Print Noun admission letter using your Unique ID.
- Now. Click the “Continue” button.
- You will be required to select your Payment Type, select “Bank Branch”. You can also choose to pay noun admission form via online with your ATM / Master Card if you know how to do it.
- To continue with the Bank Branch Payment option. Click the “Pay” button.
- Finally, copy/write down the generated Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number and go to any NOUN approved bank for payment.
List of Banks to Pay National Open University Admission Form Fee 2020.
- Zenith Bank plc.
- Polaris Bank Plc.
- First City Monument Bank.
- United Bank For Africa (UBA)
- WEMA Bank Plc
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Aspirants should note that the above-mentioned banks are the NOUN approved banks to pay the NOUN registration form fee. When you go to any of these banks, a payment Teller specially made for the purpose of Admission with the NOUN Account Number will be written on it. Ensure you get the APPLICATION PIN CODE which will be equivalent to the amount paid for your form before leaving the banking hall.
After Payment of NOUN Registration Fee.
- Use the above step 1 to 3 again.
- After step three, locate the “Continue After Payment” option.
- Type in the generated Unique ID, RRR number and Programme.
- Click on the “Proceed” button to continue with your registration.
- Fill the Displayed Online Form, and note that the blank boxes that are marked with a red star are compulsory, so you don’t skip any of the required information.
After Filling Displayed Online Form.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Here, you will be required to print Admission Letter (The NOUN admission letter is vital, so ensure you print it)
- The final step to completing your registration is to visit the closest study center for screening. Note that the study center you’re going for screening must be the study center you choose when filling the Noun admission application form.
About the NOUN Admission List 2020.
The management board would love to notify all applicants, to note that the National Open University of Nigeria doesn’t have a separate Page or Portal for checking of students (NOUN Admission List) as at the time of publishing this post.
Please, disregard any media disclosing the List of Noun Admission List is out for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Required Documents For NOUN Admission Screening.
Here are the documents that will be required from you during the Open University admission screening for newly admitted students clearance. You must bring the ORIGINAL and THREE photocopies of the following items listed below:
- Noun Admission letter.
- The complete and Correct NOUN registration Form.
- Proof of all successful payments you made. This includes deposit slips and/or comprehensive print out of all expected payments. (This includes N5,000 to the most recent payment, either normal school fees and/or course registration fees)
- O’level certificate (Original and photocopy of your O’level results/certificate)
- Birth certificate or sworn affidavit (which must not be less than 5 years old)
- Passport Photograph (which must not more than 3 months)
What to do after Getting Admitted into NOUN.
- Create your personalized Nouonline.Net Portal using your student credentials.
- Ensure you print the admission letters.
- Once you’ve successfully logged into Nouonline.net for the first time, update your student portal (profile) with a recent passport photograph.
- Print your student Identity card (ID Card).
- Ensure you pay the school’s compulsory fee, Course registrations and examination fees.
- Check the school’s registrable courses and Register courses for examination.
- Download noun course materials PDF for your registered courses.
- Check the NOUN tutor-marked assignments (TMAs) website and everything.
- You can also check Noun TMA Timetable for the current TMA timetable updates.
Finally, if you have any questions, inquiries, or encounter any error while applying for the National Open University Admission, don’t hesitate to reach us using the comment box below.